Thursday, January 10, 2008

The Golden Arch of Obesity




After college and tons of beer, I moved back home to my parents house where there was a Mickey D's, Wendy's, Taco Bell, Burger King, and KFC all within a mile radius. Ok so at college I didn't eat great, let alone at all. The beer diet didn't work as planned and now I am home with an extra 20lbs or so in the gut. I entered the "real world" where my exercise regime was made up of right hand calastetics, possible climbing of steps, if and only when the elevator was out, and fooseball.

I wanted to drop the weight and thought I needed a new workout. So I signed up to a local gym, I was keeping at it thinking I was doing well but nothing was happening. So after about 100 99 cent junior bacon cheeseburges, 54 big macs, 200 large fries, and 164 frosties, I moved out on my own. I lived in the Ghetto and the last place I would go was deep into the ghetto for a lousy big mac, ahhh I still remember falling asleep by counting gun shots rather than sheep.

This is when I learned how to cook, and dropped the golden arch like bodies drop in Nicetown. So after about 2 years of maybe having fast food once in a blue moon and exercising a little, I managed to be as thin as I ever was. I was inspired to write this after seeing the picture above. America is a fast food nation and we wonder why the obesity levels are so high. So to all you parents out there, please for the love of god and your children, do away with the happy meal, cook a nice wholesome dinner, and spend time with your family around the dinner table, not Mickey D's Playhouse.

Kevin

No comments: